The Summer Fancy Food Show kicks off in New York at the Javits Center June 29th and the folks at Blossom Water are tingling with anticipation. We’ve been nominated for a sofi Award! (“Sofi” stands for specialty outstanding food innovation.)
The sofi Awards recognize the world’s most innovative products and celebrate the best of the best in specialty food! “The Awards represent culinary innovation across America and around the globe. Finalists are selected at the Association’s offices in New York City by a national panel of specialty food professionals.” The sofi Awards categories this year include: Cheese or Dairy Product, Dessert or Dessert Topping, Frozen Savory
Jam, Preserve, Honey, Nut Butter, Meat, Pâté or Seafood, New Product, Snack Food, and many others. Blossom Water is a finalist in the New Product category.
The Summer Fancy Food Show has been called the “Olympics of the food industry.” This is the place where foodies, restauranteurs, retailers, food service buyers, and entrepreneurs meet the specialty food producers who may very well change the course of their business.
“Fatten your bottom line,” is the fun double entendre the show used in one of its promotional campaigns. Sure you might gain a pound or two if you taste all the incredible specialty food products sampled here, but keeping up with the newest food trends will keep your customers happy and help your business thrive.
Beyond the amazing people you’ll meet and the wonderful food you’ll sample, here are 10 reasons you should attend this year’s Fancy Food Show:
- It is North America’s largest specialty food and beverage event
- The 2014 Summer Fancy Food Show will be the largest in its 59-year history
- 260,000 specialty food and beverage products from the U.S. and around the globe
- 2,400 exhibitors
- 63 state and international pavilions
- Internationally-acclaimed pastry chef Dominique Ansel (inventor of the Cronut – the croissant-doughnut) will be the keynote speaker at the sofi Awards ceremony on June 30th
- The five C’s: Chocolate, Condiment, Confection, Cookie, Cracker (these are among the many sofi Awards categories)
- Since 1997 exhibitors at the Summer Fancy Food Show have donated over 1.7 MILLION pounds of food to City Harvest (the world’s first food rescue organization, dedicated to feeding hungry New Yorkers). This year, they expect to add another 200,000 pounds.
- New York City!
- We’ll be at the Massachusetts Pavilion at booth number 4831!
Here is a preview of chef Dominique Ansel to whet your appetite: