During the last 20 years, the debate about the use of plastic bottles has been all over the news. Every sporting goods store, every environmentalist, every mom, every scientist, every journalist had an opinion about the potential dangers lurking in our sports drink bottles, our flavored water bottles, even our baby bottles.
First there were BPA risks (bisphenol-A is found in many plastic baby bottles, plastic food containers and metal can linings), then there were Dioxins. PET and PETE (polyethylene terephthalate) followed along potentially leaching DEHA, a known carcinogen, into the environment and into our favorite drinks. The public, the airwaves, and the landfills became choked with an alphabet soup of chemicals which may or may not leach into beverages and/or the water table, pollute trout streams, or cause brain damage.
That is why Blossom Water uses glass. Using glass bottles is just better. It is safer, it is better for the environment, and it is better for you. Here is our short list of environmental reasons for choosing glass:
- Glass does not contain BPA.
- Glass is made from raw materials that are readily available in the United States; plastic bottles are made from petroleum (usually from foreign sources).
- Glass saves energy on plastic’s inefficient recycling process.
- Up to 80% of all recycled glass can be reclaimed.
- Recycled glass uses 40% less energy than manufacturing new glass.
- A glass bottle can be recycled endlessly into other glass bottles.
- Recycling doesn’t compromise glass’ quality or structure and no toxins are produced in its recycling.
Our choice of glass bottles is also an aesthetic one. Glass is beautiful. It’s clear; it feels better; it tastes better; it imparts no flavors or chemicals into Blossom Water. Drinking from glass rather than plastic enhances the drinking experience. And the simple truth is that the good stuff belongs in glass…You’d never see a Château Lafite Rothschild in a plastic bottle.Tags: enhanced water, flavored water, glass bottles, plastic bottles, sports drink